This workflow is meant to be a high-level guide for analyzing minifrac tests, and covers the most commonly encountered data (e.g., wellhead data) and procedures. Note that the workflow you adopt may deviate from this guideline depending on the details of your test.
1. Start a new Mini-Frac project. See Starting a Project for details.
2. Import your pressure data.
Note: If you have detailed injection rates, you should import them and synchronize them to the pressures.
3. Click the Production Editor tab and load the imported data into the Production Editor.
4. If you did not import rates in Step 2, enter the injection rates manually. Most operators report rates in units of bbl/min. You can change units by right-clicking the units of the Water Rate column.
8. Filter the data. We recommend filtering the data down to fewer than 5,000 points to speed up model calculations.
- If KCL water was used, specify the water gravity. This will be used to calculate sandface pressures.
- Enter the properties of the reservoir fluid.
15. Collate the pre-closure, Nolte after-closure, Soliman after-closure, and model reports. Then, save the collated report as a pdf file.